pandita putra

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Kernel Hacker...

... not me! But I'm getting there... :) Well, I got a really big boost in
inspiration to work on the kernel last week. I was at Linux-Bangalore/
2004 and got a chance to speak to Andi Kleen, kernel hacker! Man!
I think I have to keep speaking to such guys every once in a while.
This guy is cool! Basavesh fell for his Athlon64 laptop... :) Among
other things, I learnt that Andi is interested in History. He started
writing a Common Lisp interepreter once...! It gets better, he also
wrote a C-compiler... Man, I felt like a worm speaking to him. And,
he is all of 27yrs. I felt like kicking myself at what I have (not)
achieved in life till now.


I also liked Andrew Cowie's second talk titled "Tales from the Dark
Side of the Moon". He is a very good speaker. But this year's Linux-
Bangalore wasnt very smooth for the organizers. For details of all
the stupid stuff they had to put up with, visit Harald Welte's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home