pandita putra

Saturday, July 23, 2005

yANa

Basavesh, Mukta and I had been to Sirsi for a friend's wedding. So decided to go to yANa. This place is amazing! It's about an hour's drive from Sirsi. There are actually a couple of routes to get there. The one we took was the longer route because we thought that the road would be good. And the road was good, for the most part. But the last 17km was awful. This route is really good if you plan to walk all the way to yANa. It's a very scenic route. But the road itself is horrible. I was very afraid to take my Santro the full distance, but mustered up enough courage to get there with ample goading by people coming back from yANa. Couldn't enjoy the view much because of the concentration that was required to drive. Once we reached there, we felt it was well worth it.

We walked a couple of kilometers to get to the temple on a hillock. The rock formations are really cool! The walk to the temple itself was really good. There's a stream that runs by along the path. Rocks form the landscape on the other side. I would want to go there again. But this time I plan to camp there for a day or two. I think I'll buy a house on a lonely hillock on the Western Ghats some day. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home